Composite Regional Centre for Skill Development, Rehabilitation and Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (CRC)-Gorakhpur was inaugurated by Shri. Yogi Adityanath Ji, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh in the gracious presence of Dr. Thaawarchand Gehlot, Hon’ble Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment and Shri. J.P. Nadda, Hon’ble Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India on Sunday, the 2nd September, 2018. Currently, CRC-Gorakhpur is rendering services for Persons with Disabilities, Parents, Professionals and other allied stakeholders in more than 30 districts of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
The centre is functioning for the following major purposes:
- Awareness Generation
- Convergence with government organizations / departments
- Collaborations and support to NGOs, Parent Associations, DPOs, ETPs etc.
- Human resource development
- Centre-based & outreach rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities
- Skill Development
- Designing, fabrication, fitting and distribution of aids & appliances
- Research and Development