- To serve as resource centre for rehabilitation and special education of persons with disabilities.
- To undertake human resource development by training rehabilitation professionals, village level workers, multi-rehabilitation workers and other functionaries in Govt. and non-Govt. sector, required for providing services to persons with disabilities.
- To undertake public education programmes for creation of awareness in the parents and the community.
- To undertake designing, fabrication and fitment of aids and appliances.
- To undertake services of education and skill development leading to enhancement of opportunities for employment, rehabilitation, mobility communication recreation and integration in society.
- To undertake research and development with specific reference to needs of diverse groups of people with disability, keeping in view the nature and severity of disability in the region.
- To develop strategies for delivery of rehabilitation services suitable to the socio-cultural background of the region.
- To stimulate growth of services by encouraging and supporting voluntary organizations, parents groups and self – help groups.
- To establish linkages with existing medical, educational and employment services, following the principles of community-based rehabilitation and offer extension services in the rural areas.