Special Initiative of CRC – Gorakhpur
- Efforts of CRC – Gorakhpur towards Cases with JE / AES
- Identification of JE/AES cases through screening camps in and around JE/AES affected districts including rural areas.
- Collaborations with as well as referrals for rehabilitation services received from medical colleges, institutes, rehabilitation centres and special schools including AIIMS to CRC –Gorakhpur.
- Special initiative has been taken to track JE/AES cases at CRC-Gorakhpur and need based interventions are planned accordingly. So far 15 cases of JE/AES have been registered at CRC-Gorakhpur since January, 2019.
- Human Resource Development
- Training Programs / CRE Programs of Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) for Rehabilitation Professionals / Personnel as well as various functionaries working in the field of disability rehabilitation is being conducted by CRC-Gorakhpur to update and refresh knowledge on various aspects of disability rehabilitation and special education.
- Two RCI approved long term courses is being run by CRC - Gorakhpur includes D.Ed.-SE(MD) & CCCG from the academic session 2020-2021.
- Convergence / Collaborations
- Widespread collaborations with District Administrations, various Govt. Departments in several districts of Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Collaboration with various Administrative Bodies and Government Centers in Purvanchal and beyond.
- Running internship program for students of various colleges to build initial awareness and exposure to the field of disability rehabilitation.
- Extensive collaboration / convergence with following GO’s / NGO’s / Educational Institution / DPO’s / PA s other following agencies.
Government University/ Institutes / Colleges
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay, Gorakhpur University,Gorakhpur
- AIIMS, Gorakhpur
- BRD Medical College, Gorakhpur,
- Govt. Special Schools, Gorakhpur
- District Administrations (More than 10 Districts)
NGO’s / DPO’s / PAs / Other Agencies
- Purvanchal Gramin Seva Samiti (PGSS), Gorakhpur
- SPARC, Lucknow
- Saksham Goraksha Prant, Gorakhpur
- Ashash Day Care Centre, Gorakhpur
- Deaf Welfare Society (DWS), Gorakhpur
- DISHA institute, Sahjanwa
- Vikram Chand Mook Badhir Vidhayal, Gorakhpur
- St. Joseph Women College, Gorakhpur
- Maharana Pratap Balika Inter College, Gorakhpur
- Aakash Vani Gorakhpur
- Smile Roti Bank Trust, Gorakhpur
- MR Home, Gorakhpur
- DISA, Gorakhpur
- SHDA, Pipraich
Apart from above, series of Convergences / Collaborations are being done by CRC – Gorakhpur in order to facilitate Divyangjan, Parents & Other Stakeholders.
- Ramp funded by the District Administration of Gorakhpur has been built and inauguration was done on 5th August, 2019 at CRC Gorakhpur Premises.
- Accessible toilets have been built in CRC- Gorakhpur building for PwDs.
- An accessible e-library is proposed.
- An accessible / barrier-free seminar hall has been developed.
- Establishment of Audiology Lab
A Hi-tech Audiology lab has been established in CRC – Gorakhpur which was inaugurated by Sh. K.V.S Rao, Director, DEPwD, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India on 14th Feb, 2020.
- Certification of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities
CRC-Gorakhpur is collaborate with District Administration of Deoria was a key partner in Parliament of India approved Health & Disability Identification Fair. The fair were organized at Mass Level in different locations of Deoria District. Around 1200 Persons with Intellectual Disabilities were screened, assessed and certified on the spot. 1000 of Aids & Appliances were distributed including 100 of motorized Try-Cycles. It was a historical initiative.
- CSR Initiatives
- The ramp of CRC – Gorakhpur is constructed under the CSR initiative of the centre.
- Solar items were distributed to Divyangjan by L.N.Y, Company, Gorakhpur under in CSR scheme in collaboration with CRC – Gorakhpur.
- Achievements / Best Practices
- CRC-Gorakhpur has organized and conducted 163 programs since January, 2019 to June, 2020 for PwDs, Parents of PwDs, Rehabilitation Professionals, various Government Agencies, NGOs, DPOs, PAs, Educational Institutions and many other stakeholders of Eastern U.P. Region.
- Establishment of well-equipped departments like Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Audiology & Speech Therapy, Psychology, Special Education, Vocational Training etc.
- Strong presence in the eastern region of Uttar Pradesh within very short period of establishment.
- Clinical & other support services provided to thousands of beneficiaries.
- Capacity Building of various Institutions & Bodies.
- Knowledge initiative programs for parents of PWDs.
- Generation of disability awareness material on various disabilities as per RPwD Act, 2016.
- Active collaborations with various District Administrations toward disability sensitization and promotion of inclusive education in the region.
- Swachha Bharat Abhiyan (SBA)
- CRC- Gorakhpur actively engaged in Swachha Bharat Aabhiyan campaign and has undertaken many cleanliness drives led by Children with Special Needs enrolled with CRC and their parents.
- CRC-Gorakhpur has outlined an Annual Action Plan towards promoting and maintaining cleanliness by engaging greater community participation.
- Skill Development&Employment of PWDs
- Vocational Training Unit has been established and extension batches for two job trades would be initiated soon for PwDs which have already been registered. The job trades include Sewing Machine Operators and Packers.
- Vocational Training initiative has been undertaken to promote job placement and vocational rehabilitation of PwDs in the community. In this direction; several market surveys were conducted on employers of various areas of Gorakhpur to gauge the possible areas of employment as well as inclination of the potential employers towards employing the PwDs.
- A proposal under SIPDA Scheme has been submitted in DEPwD to start Skill Development Training Programs for PWDs.
- Skill Development Unit has been established at CRC – Gorakhpur.
- Community Based Rehabilitation
Field camps have been organized by CRC-Gorakhpur in collaboration with several NGOs so as to identify PwDs by means of screening, and further aids / appliance distribution camps will be undertaken to fulfill the objective of such camps.
- Promotion of Inclusion & Inclusive Education
- Special drive is undertaken by CRC-Gorakhpur to promote and work towards inclusive education; and in this regard a model inclusive primary school has been proposed and work has begun in this direction.
- Massive awareness generation Programme for school principals and heads have been conducted in Gorakhpur &Deoria Districts respectively in collaboration with Commissionerate of Gorakhpur Division and respective district administrations to sensitize them regarding inclusion of PwDs and provisions of RPwD Act, 2016 regarding inclusive educational practices. Hundreds of Principals / Heads, School Teachers etc have been made aware through the programme. .
- Research & Development
- Faculty of CRC-Gorakhpur have been invited to various national level training programs and master level workshops on various aspects of disability rehabilitation such as those organized by NIEPID, Secunderabad in collaboration with University of Northampton, UK; NIEPMD, Chennai in collaboration with University of Melbourne, Australia; MEPSC in collaboration with SCPWD.
- Director, CRC-Gorakhpur has been nominated as Member of Task Force by DEPwD to develop the Action Plan / DPR for establishment of Model Inclusive Schools across the county.
- Following research studies have been approved by the ministry for CRC – Gorakhpur-
1. Survey across India to study the best practices in “Family Intervention and Care Giving staff Management”.
2. Survey across India to find out the best Practices for Enhancing Quality of services for Capacity Building and Partnership Building with Parents to prevent school Dropout.
3. To study the challenges in parenting of mothers having child with developmental disability across different socio cultural and economic strata.
- All India Radio Recordings by CRC –Gorakhpur
CRC-Gorakhpur has collaborated with All India Radio (AIR), Regional Broadcasting Centre – Gorakhpur and recorded a series of 13 episodes (“Sathi Hath Badhana”) on different emerging / existing issues of disability.
- Special Initiatives& Aspirations
- CRC – Gorakhpur is contributing towards disability certification of PwDs through empanelment of Clinical Psychologist & Audiologist of CRC-Gorakhpur in District Disability Certification Board.
- CRC – Gorakhpur is developing inclusive practices in educational institutions of eastern region of Uttar Pradesh and Generating disability awareness among various authorities that interact with PwDs on a daily basis such as transport authority, railways, airport officials, banks, post offices, police, university departments etc.
- Capacity Building
CRC-Gorakhpur has been actively involved in capacity building of NGOs / Parent Associations / Disabled People Organizations / Govt. Departments / Stakeholders and rehabilitation set-ups by providing expert professional skill training to in-house faculty and staff. CRC-Gorakhpur has provided skill training and assessment services to around 50 organizations.
- ADIP Agency
- CRC-Gorakhpur has been given approval to serve as ADIP agency by DEPWD, MSJ&E, Govt. of India and fund of Rs. 30.5 Lakhs has been received by CRC-Gorakhpur.
- CRC-Gorakhpur has undertaken many distribution camps supported by Govt. of Uttar Pradesh.
- Status of CRC- Gorakhpur Building
- CRC- Gorakhpur has been allotted 1.56 acre of land in BRD Medical College Campus. Currently the construction of boundary wall have been completed and the construction work for the main building is underway.
- A proposal for additional requirement of 5-7 acres of land has been proposed to the District Administration, Gorakhpur which is under consideration.
- Development of Other CRCs
Director, CRC-Gorakhpur Mr. Ramesh Kumar Pandey has been provided with additional charge of developing other CRCs which include CRC – Sikkim & CRC – Shillong.
- Online Promotion & Implementation of Mental Health Rehabilitation Helpline “KIRAN”
As per the instruction of DEPwD, CRC –Gorakhpur has widely circulated the All India COVID- 19 Mental Health Helpline Number among the various groups of Parents, Beneficiaries, and Various Stakeholder & Rehab. Professionals of Eastern Uttar Pradesh..
- Other Important Initiative of CRC – Gorakhpur During COVID – 19 Lockdown:
CRC - Gorakhpur has written a letter to Districts Magistrates a 27 Districts to spreadthe E-resources developed by CRC – Gorakhpur. Positive Responses have been receivedfrom the several Districts Administrations.
- Development of Awareness Generation Materials on Disabilities
- Bilingual (Hindi & English) Posters on all Disabilities Specified in RPwD Act, 2016 were designed and developed at CRC-Gorakhpur for Pan India Level distribution by NIEPMD.
- Generation and development of Pamphlet / Brochures / Flyers for distribution in general public regarding identification and prevention of various types of disabilities and services rendered by CRC-Gorakhpur.
- Three Year Developmental Plan of CRC - Gorakhpur.
Following Three Year Developmental Plan has been approved by the 34th EC and the subsequent GC of NIEPMD, Chennai, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India-
- Acquisition of Additional Land
- Establishment of Model Inclusive Primary School
- Development of Skill Institute
- Human Resource Development (HRD)—UG/PG/M.Phil. Programs
- Centre of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- Hostel for HRD Students
- Hostel for Skilling Students